Translation Profiles regulate and automate the entire translation process.
Create a single, default Translation Profile to apply to your entire app, or create individual Translation Profiles to apply to each type of content.
Any content that has not been assigned a Translation Profile will use the default Translation Profile.
Create the Default Translation Profile
To create the default Translation Profile,
- Log into the Lingotek connector and open Settings. On the left, select the app you wish to manage.
- From the Default screen, you will see a list of translation options.
- Choose how to download completed translations and which Lingotek resources to use.
- See the table (below) for help configuring each profile setting.
- When you are ready, Save Changes.
Once the Translation Profile is created, its translation settings will be applied to any type of content.
Add Default Target Languages
In addition to selecting your default translation settings and resources, you will need to add the default target languages. These are the languages that will be available when requesting translations for your site.
Add all languages you will need to translate into. Then go to each translation profile and choose whether to enable or disable translation for each language.
To add the default target languages for your site,
- After configuring the Default tab, go to the top of the page and click the Settings tab.
- Under Target Languages, type and then scroll to select the target language(s) to enable on your app.
- When you are read, Save Settings.
Once these languages are enabled, they can be used to translate content.
Select how completed translations will be published to your app. Choose between automatic or manual download.
With this option selected, once the translation is complete, the connector will automatically load the translated content back to your app.
With this option selected, an administrator must publish completed translations back to the app manually.
Select the Lingotek translation project to use when translating your app's content.
Make sure the desired project has been created in Lingotek.
Unless you create custom translation profiles, this project will be used on all translation jobs.
Select the translation workflow you wish to use when translating your app's content.
The workflow spells out which translation steps to include, automated assignments, and other automatic translation steps.
Make sure the desired workflow has been created in Lingotek.
To use a specific filter, select it in this drop down menu. (Unless you have special needs, you can use the Connector Default).
Make sure the filter you need is uploaded to Lingotek.