Once pages are uploaded to the Lingotek translation management system, they will be available to the translator in the Lingotek workbench.
You can translate in either Confluence or in Lingotek, depending on your needs.
If you need translate many pages, we recommend completing them in Lingotek; if you need to perform an in-context review, we recommend completing it in Confluence.
Translating in Lingotek
Why complete translations in Lingotek?
Translating in Confluence
If you need to complete a translation in Confluence,
- Upload the page to Lingotek (for translation - this initiates automatic workflow steps)
- Go to the Confluence space, open the page, and switch to the desired language
- Click on the translation step you would like to work on and then open the page in the workbench
Once a page has been uploaded to Lingotek,
1) Go to the Confluence Translation Dashboard.
a) Log in as an administrator.
b) Open the space and select Space Tools from the lower left corner of the page.
c) Click Enterprise Translations to open the Translation Dashboard.
2) Click to open the page you want to translate.
3) At the top of the page, scroll to select the language you want to translate.
4) From the open language page, each step of the translation workflow displays at the top of the page.
5) Click a workflow step and then select "Edit in Workbench" to complete the translation.
6) When the translation is complete, click Save and Close. Clicking Save and Close will move the document to the next step in the translation workflow.