If desired, administrators can grant linguists the ability to translate in a third party CAT tool. Once offline translation is enabled, linguists will be able to export assignments as XLIFF files and then re-import their completed translations.
Offline translation must be enabled on both the Community level and the project level.
- Administrators can turn on the feature on a community level.
- PMs can enable (or disable) the feature on individual projects.
The XLIFF output from some CAT tools may not properly re-import to the Lingotek TMS. Re-imported tasks should be checked and edited for accuracy using the Lingotek Workbench.
Enable Offline Translations – Community Level
When offline translations are enabled on the Community level, project managers will see an option to enable Task Re-import for their projects.
Important – Community Level
Enabling Offline translations on the Community Level gives PMs the option to enable Offline Translations on a project. It does not globally enable offline translation on all projects.
To enable Offline Translation in your community,
- Sign in to Lingotek as an administrator.
- Choose Community from the side bar and select Customization.
- From the left, click Advanced.
- Under Tasks, check Enable Task Re-import.
- When you are ready, scroll down and click Save to store your settings.
Project managers now have the option to enable offline translation on any of their projects.
Visit the Lingotek Support Center.