Privacy by Project
The PM can designate whether linguists can export/re-import XLIFF files. Since privacy needs differ from project to project, these settings can be controlled on the project level.
Once Offline Translation is enabled on your community, a project manager will be able to enable Task Re-import on any of their projects.
When Offline Translation is enabled on a project, linguists will be able to download assigned tasks as XLIFF, edit the XLIFF using a third-party CAT tool, and then re-import the CAT tool's XLIFF output via the Tasks List.
To enable Offline Translation on a project,
- Log into Lingotek as a project manager.
- Open a project. (Open Projects from the side bar and then open the desired project).
- From the open project, switch to the Settings tab.
- On the Linguist Options panel, click Edit.
- Select XLIFF as a download option under Document Download Options.
- Click Save.
- On the Offline Translation panel, click Edit.
- Under Enable Task Re-Import?, select Yes.
- When you are ready, click Save.
If the Enable Task Re-import feature is not available, contact your community administrator.
Visit the Lingotek Support Center.