Who should use the In-Context Workbench?
Anyone translating web based content can use the In-Context Workbench. Preview web-based translations in their final layout – before publishing online.
Check translations for
- Marketing Emails
Why Use the In-Context Workbench?
Check translations for proper capitalization, word choice, formatting, and ensure context-sensitive phrases (such as menu items and section headings) are translated properly.
When can I use the new In-Context Workbench?
Any time you need to preview translations for web based content (HTML, XML), use the In-Context Workbench.
Because it is a browser extension, the In-Context Workbench cannot be used for non-web based files (.doc, .txt, .pdf, etc.).
What key features are available in the In-Context Workbench?
The In-Context Workbench has several features that make translating even easier. Find
- Highlighted glossary terms.
- Easy access to TM, MT, and terms.
- Instant previews for translated pages – no need to reload pages.
- Faster navigation. Tab through each segment to save your translations.
- Color-coded statuses. Quickly see which segments need translation or review with color coded statuses.
- Find tasks fast. A searchable task list helps you locate tasks by title.
- More control over formatting. Insert new line, non-breaking space, and break tags.
How do I access the In-Context Workbench?
Anyone with a Lingotek login and assigned translation task can use the new workbench.
- Start by installing the extension in Google Chrome.
- Once the extension is installed, a new icon () will appear next to the documents on your Lingotek task list.
- Click the icon to open the page in the In-Context Workbench. From the open workbench, click the title of the task you wish to translate on the lower right of the page.
- Click a box to start translating.
For more help, check a link below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.