Easily paste translation memory (TM) hits, terms, and machine translation (MT) into the Current Translation field.
This can be done with a keyboard shortcut or by using the copy icon.
View TM metadata (e.g. created date, etc.) from the More... link next to each hit (lower right).
Copy via Shortcuts
Quickly and easily paste numbered hits into the Current Translation field. Using the keyboard, type a shortcut. Then type the number of the hit to paste it. To
- Paste a hit from translation memory, use Ctrl+ #
- Paste a glossary hit, use Alt+Shift+ #
- Paste a hit from machine translation, use Ctrl+Shift+ #
Paste a TM Hit
- To paste a translation memory (TM) hit, type Ctrl and the number of the hit.
e.g. To paste the third hit, type Ctrl+3.
- This replaces the current text with the TM hit.
Paste a Glossary Hit
- To paste a glossary hit, type Alt+Shift and the number of the hit.
e.g. To paste the fifth glossary hit, type Alt+Shift+5.
- This places the glossary term at the location of the cursor.
Paste an MT Hit
- To paste a machine translation (MT) hit, type Ctrl+Shift and the number of the hit.
e.g. To paste the first hit, type Ctrl+Shift+1.
- This replaces the current text with the MT hit.
Copy via Icon
Quickly and easily paste in a hit using the icons to the right of each hit.
- Log into the workbench and open an assigned document.
- Open the sidebar.
- Next to each hit (TM, Term, or MT), a Copy icon displays.
- Click the Copy icon to paste the hit into the Current Translation field.
Visit the Lingotek Support Center.