Now DTP professionals can upload their completed work to Lingotek.
Simply go to the task list, download a translated file, make DTP changes, and then re-upload the finalized version to the TMS. This final version can in turn be downloaded and distributed by a project manager.
- Target. One finalized file can be uploaded for each target language on a document.
- Size Limit. Finalized files must be 100MB or less.
- Supported File Types. All file types are supported (as long as they meet the size limit).
- Different File Types. A finalized file does not have to the same file format as the original file. (e.g. The original file was IDML but the final file is INDD).
Download the File
Start by downloading the file in its original format.
Log into Lingotek and open your task list.
From the task list, click the More icon next to the file(s) you wish to finalize.
Scroll down and select Download Target as Original File.
For DTP purposes, do not select Download Source as Original File.
The file will be downloaded available and is available in your browser’s Download folder.
In your tool of choice, make any edits to the file. When you are ready, upload the finalized version to Lingotek.
Upload the Finalized File
To upload the finalized file,
- Log into Lingotek and open your task list.
- Click the More icon next to the target language for the document you wish to update.
- Select Upload Finalized File.
- In the dialog, click Choose File.
- Using your file explorer, navigate to the finalized version of the file, click to highlight it, and click Open to select it.
- The finalized file will be uploaded to Lingotek.
Once a finalized file is uploaded, it is available for download and can be accessed by the linguist (from the task list) or by the project manager (from the project document list).
- To replace a finalized file, click the More icon (next to a file) and select Replace Finalized File.
- As a linguist, download the finalized file by clicking the More icon (next to the file) and select Download Finalized File.