The Document Viewer is the linguist’s tool for viewing, searching, and accessing an entire document within the Workbench.
To access the Document Viewer, open a document in the Workbench, go to the top of the page, and then select View > Document Viewer.
At a glance, the document viewer provides a side-by-side overview of each source/target segment in the document.
- Quickly glean what has/has not been translated.
Black text is translated; gray is not.
- Find specific words or phrases and then open the segment in the Workbench.
Press CTRL + F to use your browser’s find feature.
- Compare different versions of a translation from one phase to another.
Clear markup shows what has changed between any two phases of the translation process.
View the Document
To display a document in the Document Viewer,
- Go to your task list and open the document.
- From the open document, go to the top of the page and select View > Document Viewer.
- A new window will open, displaying each segment of the entire document.
- From the open Document Viewer, quickly glean translation status for each segment.
- Black text has been translated.
- Grey text has not.
Additionally, find a specific word/phrase using a browser search and then load that segment in the Workbench.
To access a particular phrase,
- Open the Document Viewer (go to the top of the page and select View > Document Viewer).
- Type CTRL + F to use your browser’s find feature.
- Type the word/phrase to find it within the document.
- Click the segment. This will select it and open it in the Workbench.
Because the Document Viewer and the Workbench open in separate windows, you may need to switch windows to view the Workbench.
Easily evaluate changes between any two versions of a translation with the Document Viewer’s Diff Tool.
- Compare machine translations with human translations (to see how much work was done by the translator).
- Compare initial human translation with final human translation (to evaluate translation quality).
To use the Diff Tool,
- Open a document from the task list.
- Access the Document Viewer. Go to the top of the page and select View > Document Viewer.
- Access the Diff Tool. From the Document Viewer, go to the top of the page and select View > Diff Tool.
- Using the drop down menus at the top of the page, select the translation phases you wish to compare.
- In the middle column, simple markup displays, indicating changes.
- Strikethrough = deleted text
- Underline = added text
- No markup = unchanged text