If you need to setup Python on Windows 8+, follow the instructions below.
Before installing the connector,
- Disable firewalls and antivirus software.
- Ensure you have administrative rights on the drive.
- Install to the C: drive directly.
Note: These instructions are for Windows Powershell, which should be included in Windows 8+. If using older versions of Windows, it can be installed here.
Install on Windows manually
- Install Python. The Lingotek Translation Utility is written for Python 3.4.3 or newer.
- Download the MSI Installer for easy installation.
- Run the installer
Optional: Add Python to your PATH variable so python.exe can be executed easily in the future
- Find where your python executable is. (Hint: Could be in \AppData\Local\Programs\Python/Python[VERSION]\)
Add that path to your environment variables:
Windows 10 and Windows 8
- In Search, search for and then select: Advanced system settings
- Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the
PATHenvironment variable and select it. Click Edit. If the
PATHenvironment variable does not exist, click
- In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the
PATHenvironment variable. Click OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.
Reopen Command prompt window, and run python -V to verify.
- Check to see if it is installed and path is working by running: python -V. You will also need pip, which should have installed with python. Check to see if it is installed and the path is working by running: pip -V. You may need to restart your shell.
- Install the Lingotek Software Localization Tool: Install the Lingotek Software Localization Tool (Filesystem Connector)
Visit the Lingotek Support Center.