After creating a language root, you will be ready to start translating site content.
To create a live copy, follow the instructions below.
Creating a live copy has 3 steps:
- Choose the content to copy
- Choose where to copy the content (Note: This is usually under the site's language root).
- Name the copy
To create a Live Copy,
- Log into AEM as an administrator.
- Go to the side rail and select Sites.
- At the upper left, select Create > Create Live Copy.
- In the wizard, select which content to copy and where to copy it. (Step 1, "Live Copy From")
- Navigate to the site you wish to copy.
- Select the directory you wish to translate. (Tip: Usually this is the English version of the site).
- To select the page, click Select (upper left).
- Then click to select the English version of the site you wish to copy.
- Click Next (upper right).
- Now, choose where to save the Live Copy. (Tip: The Live Copy should be saved under the Language Root). (Step 2, "Destination Path")
- Navigate to the directory where you wish to add the Live Copy. (Tip: This is the language root created previously). For example, select the site (Geometrixx Media) and the language root (Spanish).
- Once the destination path is selected, enter a Title and a Name for the live copy. Tip: Both fields must be completed. Tip: Spaces are not allowed in the Name field.
- click Next. This will create the live copy.
- Once the live copy is created, it can be added to a translation job.
- The live copy will be saved under the language root.
- Several live copies can “live” under the same language root.
- You can create live copies from any directory you wish.
- The “destination path” will be the language root created earlier.