Easily manage translations for Drupal 8 content with Lingotek’s new connector.
- Start by installing and activating the Lingotek translation module
- Next, choose your settings
- Then send translatable content to Lingotek
- [Complete translations in Lingotek]
- Publish translations to your Drupal site
Install the Module
The quickest way to download and enable the Lingotek translation module is by using the following drush commands:
- drush dl lingotek
- drush en lingotek
The Lingotek works in concert with other modules. Please download and enable the following modules:
Drupal Core Modules
Block, Content Translation, Field UI, Locale, Menu, Taxonomy
Chaos Tools, Internationalization Suite, Internationalization Views, Localization update, Title, Variable, Views
Although they are not required, the following modules can also be added to enhance the translation module:
Entity Translation, Field Collection, Fieldable Panels Panes (beta), Message, Metatag, Panels, Pathauto, Rules, Workbench Moderation
Activate the Module
Once the Lingotek module is installed, activate it from the main Drupal menu.
- From the Drupal management menu, select Manage.
- Then choose Extend.
- In the search bar, type Lingotek.
- Check to select the Lingotek Translation module and then click Install.
Once installation is complete, a new translation icon will appear on the Drupal Manage menu.
Tip: Click this icon to manage your translations and translation settings.
Choose Your Settings
To start using the plugin, you’ll want to choose a few default settings. For example, decide which languages to translate into and which types of content to translate.
- Choose settings
- Choose languages
- Choose which pages to translate
- Choose which fields to translate
- Choose whether to publish/request translations automatically. (Manual options also available).
The first time you login, you’ll be directed to the configuration page.
From the Manage tab, click a link to start choosing your settings.
If you need to access these links later, go to the main Drupal menu and select
- Manage > Configuration > Lingotek Translation
- Manage > Translation > Settings
Next: Get Started